A denture is a detachable dental appliance replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissue, which mirrors your natural teeth.
What are the types of dentures?
- Complete Dentures: Used when all of the teeth are missing.
- Conventional complete denture: Made after the teeth have been removed and the gum tissue has healed. During this process, the patient will go without teeth for about four-to-six weeks.
- Immediate complete denture: Made in advance and immediately placed after the removal of the teeth.
- Partial dentures: Used when some natural teeth remain. Partial dentures fill the spaces created by missing teeth and prevent other teeth from shifting.
What is the process of getting dentures?
- Several appointments required
- Custom denture created with highly precise molds and measurements
- Proper shape, color and fit is insured throughout numerous appointments
- A natural and comfortable outcome will conclude the procedure