Researchers have found a direct correlation between inflammation of the gums and life threatening systemic disease. If tissue around the teeth is inflamed, the tissue weakens and allows the bacteria to access the gum pockets around the teeth. The U.S. surgeon General and long-term research show that the bacteria infestation correlated with periodontal disease and gum inflammation can cause heart attacks, Alzheimer’s disease, and even stroke. In order to prevent doubling the risks of heart diseases and kidney failure in diabetics, gum health must be obtained on a regular basis. Additionally, expecting mothers are at a higher risk of delivering low-weight babies if they have gum disease.
Luckily, dental technology has allowed dentists to gain the ability to attack the inflammation at a microscopic level through a microscopic laser. The laser accomplishes two things: It promotes an atmosphere for healing and aims to destroy bacteria that cannot be destroyed conventionally.
Laser Bacterial Reduction (LBR) has the potential to exterminate the bacteria inflammation and periodontal disease all in one. The procedure takes no more than 15 minutes and is completely painless. By simply using the laser to circle around the
hard-to-reach areas of the gum pocket, bacteria are almost completely destroyed. This procedure can positively impact the health of your teeth, gums, and overall well-being. For instance, the laser takes the billions of bacteria around a given tooth and decreases them down to a few hundred. Once the area heals, the gum pockets will shrink, preventing bacteria from increasing in the gum pockets.
This procedure does not take the place of any other treatment, but it is a supplementary action taken to improve the oral and general health of our patients.
Benefits of LBR
- Decrease/destroy bacteria created in the bloodstream.
- Stop the cross-contamination of bacteria from one area of the mouth to another.
- Exterminate the bacteria before it gains the ability to weaken the gum pockets.
- To enhance the overall health of your teeth, body, while boosting the immune system.
- Bugs are destroyed for up to two months.
- Exterminates the wall of the pocket colonized by infected or dead tissue.
- Removes dead tissue/infection = successful healing for the mouth.
- Healing = the renewal of the perio ligament
- Renewal of the perio ligament = influences the reduction of gum pockets
- Reduction of pockets allows home-care to have a positive effect again.
Enlarge Your Vision for Your Health!
- Our professional care team should implement a Systemic Model of Thinking when dx’ing.
- Advanced perio and gingivitis destruct the body in the same way
- TC without a completed evaluation will not be conducted